Tuesday, June 16, 2009

T-Minus Two Weeks 'til Completion (Hopefully)



I wasn't able to get too much done this past weekend due to the fact that I simply do not know how to hook up certain parts of the wiring harness and because I still need to acquire some parts. A couple things which I DID get done include:

- Painted and installed the MAP sensor and the battery holder, I like the look of the gloss black against the gloss white of the firewall





- Bended and installed both of the rear brake lines, this was actually kinda fun using the brake line bending tool. I can now officially say that I've done a complete brake job.





- Put all the wheels back on (now that the brakes are done)



- Started to do some body work and repair; the picture below shows the first layer of aluminum paste applied to the section of the body that was cut out and replaced. The aluminum will harden and after several layers will be flush with the original body panels.



- Finally removed my rear bumper; I ended up having to grind off the last bolt. I like the look of the rear bumper/frame being flush with the tailgate and I think I will leave it this way (perhaps with a coat of black Rustoleum)



I bought and installed a new Crankshaft Position sensor ($80 at AutoZone, ouch) which solved my problem of not being able to find a plug on my wiring harness that fit the CPS (my old CPS was for a different year Jeep). I also bought a new fuel rail on eBay yesterday ($25, not bad) which will allow me to keep my current fuel system set-up. My current fuel rail is designed for the Grand Cherokee which uses a fuel pressure regulator instead of fuel delivery and return lines.

As you can infer from the title, I am hoping to have the Jeep done by the end of the month. I'm not far from having the engine and wiring harness completely installed and hooked up. After that, I just need to get my driveshafts adjusted (to accommodate for the longer transmission) and the skid plate bolted on and I should be able to drive it. Finally, I'll need to finish up the body work and paint it!

No comments:

Post a Comment